D & S MACHINE REPAIR, INC.
874 NORTH M-37 HWY.
HASTINGS, MICHIGAN 49058
Dear Valued Customer:
As the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) further impacts Michigan, the United States and countries around the world, D&S will continue monitoring this evolving situation very closely. Our top priorities are the safety of the D&S team members and families, while at the same time supporting and servicing our customer’s demands during this very challenging time.
As you know, Governor Whitmer extended the original Executive Order “Temporary requirement to suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life” which took effect at 11:59 p.m. on March 23rd, 2020. Following our evaluation of the terms and conditions of the Order, it has been determined that under specific circumstances, D&S will be authorized to continue business operations and support our customers who are classified as “essential businesses” in the State of Michigan. We want to assure you, our customer, that D&S is committed in taking the necessary precautions for the well-being of our customers, our subcontractors and our employees, as we must all be good stewards to the well-being and health of our communities.
While as of this moment we have not had a confirmed case of the virus among the D&S team, we are preparing as if it is a question of when, not if, that will occur. Accordingly, D&S has implemented the appropriate systems and procedures critical to minimizing transmission. We will immediately notify our customers, if we are made aware of individuals that are removed from jobsites due to illness or who may have been exposed to the virus. We respectfully expect our customers and suppliers to be transparent as well and report this same information back to D&S. As always, Safety is EVERYONE’S responsibility.
D&S will continue monitoring COVID-19 news briefings, guidance provided from the (CDC), the Dept. of Health, as well as the Michigan Governor’s office, and have incorporated their recommended strategies to combat the spread of COVID-19. While we strive to continue serving our customers with the quality of service you have come to expect from D&S, we thank you for trusting in our ability to be proactive and implement safe practices. We have conducted multiple company-wide safety briefings with all D&S team members and will continue to do so as necessary. Further, all D&S employees and sub-contractors have been instructed to abide by the following basic protocols effective immediately:
1. Employees need to stay home when sick: • Take your temperature before coming to work, if you have a fever higher than 100.4, contact your direct supervisor and DO NOT report to work; • All individuals with any symptoms associated with Corona virus must stay home. The CDC has identified that the following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure: fever, cough, shortness of breath. • All employees are required to report to their direct supervisor / manager immediately if any of the following occur: Tested positive for COVID-19 Encountered someone known to have tested positive for COVID-19; or Completed a trip to a CDC categorized Coronavirus Warning Level 3 location.
2. Observe “Social Distancing”: • D&S team members are to abstain from shaking hands. • When possible, sit / stand approximately 6 feet away from others. • Discourage team members from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment. • Alternate means and methods of interacting with operations, field staff, clients, and management shall be utilized i.e. FaceTime, Video Conferencing, or Conference Calls.
3. Travel Guidelines: • D&S is NOT allowing any company related air travel for an indefinite amount of time. • D&S has eliminated all non-essential travel and canceled or postponed non-essential meetings, trainings, etc.
4. Emphasize the importance of proper hygiene: • Every cough and sneeze should be made into the elbow or into a tissue. • Employees will be reminded to clean their hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash their hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds. • D&S will provide additional hand sanitizer (when available), and soap and water in the workplace.
5. Routine cleaning is expected: • ALL employees and subcontractors must take responsibility to routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, light switches and doorknobs. • Individual office space work surfaces (desktops, phones, keyboards) need to be cleaned daily by the individual who works at that location with anti-bacterial sanitizers.
6. Monitor and follow the directions given by: • Center for Disease Control (CDC) • Department of Health (DOC) • Various Local, State and Federal Agencies.
7. Notification and Sharing of Information: We will immediately notify you “our customers” if we are made aware of individuals that are removed from jobsites due to illness or who may have been exposed to the virus. We expect our customer to be transparent as well and to report this same information to D&S immediately.